Brownell's Original Acraglas Kit for Bedding, Inletting, Repairing and Accurizing
SKU:This product is out of stock.
•Tasmanian Residents ONLY: We can ONLY send barrels, triggers, firearm parts and magazines to your nominated dealer (Please check with your dealer if they will receive it for you). Please enter their details at checkout (In the ''Shipping Address" field)
•Western Australian Residents ONLY: We can ONLY send barrels, triggers, firearm parts and magazines to TNT Depot Perth. Please enter their details at checkout (In the ''Shipping Address" field)
ACRAGLAS KIT Includes - 2 fl. oz. (59 ml) Resin, 7⁄8 fl. oz. (26 ml) Hardener, 7⁄8 fl. oz. (26 ml) Release Agent, Floc, 2 Mixing Cups, Mixing Stick, Brown Dye, Black Dye enough to bed 2 Rifles. Complete Instructions.
The basic materials used in Acraglas are those developed for the aircraft industry. These we have adapted to gun work. Some of the many unusual features of Acraglas are:
- Acraglas shrinks less than 1⁄10th of 1% when hardening. This is very important to you as a shooter, for the tighter your bedding job, the better the job. It must be remembered, too, that many of the plastics will shrink more than 5% when hardening, thus canceling their true values as accurizing materials. So perfectly does Acraglas fit your barrel and action that any stamping marks in the steel will also be there in the Acraglas ... impossible to “Bed” any closer.
- Acraglas actually strengthens your stock because of its own great strength and resistance to breakage or warpage!
- Acraglas is acid proof, waterproof, has superior insulating qualities, resists alkalies and will not rot or deteriorate. It is quite well known that many of the so-called “plastic glasses” do deteriorate and products made from them are only guaranteed 5 years.
- Acraglas is highly resistant to impact and will not dent. Should it ever be damaged, or if an improper job is done the first time, it can easily be corrected or mended by using the same materials as in the Kit. Thus, it makes the perfect recoil shoulder.
- Unlike paints or air drying plastics, Acraglas hardens by chemical action. So, a hard surface indicates a hard interior ready for finishing. The mixture becomes hot before reaching setting temperature. It then “kicks over” and begins to harden, reaching full hardness in 48 hours, altho’ it can be worked, sanded and finished before then.
- Acraglas has a shelf life of over 5 years!
- Acraglas has been so compounded by our research engineers that you have ample time to properly seat the barreled action in the inletted stock before it starts to harden. Therefore, when using it you do not need to become nervous and rushed, but can take your time and do the First Class Job you are capable of doing.
- Being a superior bedding compound, you get a double- barreled benefit when using Acraglas: - An excellent bedding job that does not carry the stigma of “plastic bedding” and you have concentrated your real efforts on accurizing your gun - all at the same time! For your own enlightenment you should check among your shooting friends and note how many are proud of their guns being Accurized with Acraglas.
- Acraglas completely seals the inletted side of the gun stock against all moisture, gun oils, solvents and sprays. Moisture being absorbed by the stock can cause the finest woods to warp or twist, forcing the gun to shoot different groups on different days. Oils and solvents will eventually make the most beautiful of woods dirty looking where allowed to soak in and, in rare cases, actually ruin the wood.
- Acraglas has another feature that is strictly a side benefit - but, one our gunsmith customers have found out for themselves and use extensively. The bonding strength of Acraglas is phenomenal - will actually stick “anything to anything” (except certain poly-plastics). The letters in our files make one shake his head in wonder. It seems our gunsmiths have repaired everything from false teeth, toilet bowls, pipes, chairs, cribs, cars, radios, TV’s, skis, sleds, tables, flintlock rifles, caplock rifles and modern gun stocks without number. What it amounts to is this: You name something that has been busted and one of them has undoubtedly used Acraglas to fix it! But, we play this down. We are not in the glue business. There are a jillion glues but only one Acraglas!
Generate Postage QuoteProduct Weight: 0.233 kg
Works well and performs as it should..... Brilliantly when instructions are followed. Good product.
Good value for money Needs modelling clay
A quality product that was posted quickly
Excellent just what I wanted - easy to use, glass bedded old rifle now shoots under 1" @ 100yds
We Also Recommend